The ability to heal and treat sickness, disease, and injuries is a vital piece of modern civilization. Nothing in this world is as important to us as preserving our health and wellbeing so that we can live our lives without restraint and difficulty. The healthcare industry has become one of the largest sectors in the world that gets more complex and vital every day. The needs of the healthcare industry change very quickly as technology, disease, and sickness are ever evolving and constantly creating new challenges for healthcare professionals.
VersaTech provides healthcare workers with solutions in IT services, relationship management, and patient engagement programs. That helps free them up to better serve their patients, innovate in the industry, and operate more efficiently so that their resources can be better used to create better health and wellness solutions and treatments for our rapidly changing healthcare landscape.
The healthcare industry is not only innovating in the areas of patient care and treatment, but also developing new ways to reach their patients via technology. As virtual visits become more and more viable due to increased safety and availability issues, VersaTech is uniquely positioned to continue to provide industry leading IT support and solutions, as well as protection of sensitive healthcare related information to protect patients and healthcare workers.
Scope of Work
- PBIN pilot project enabled DoD/VA to develop a staffing/IT platform for ongoing implementation of practice change initiatives
- PBIN improved productivity and expanded visibility and education in the marketplace
- PBIN project was graded “exceptional … truly superb” by client
- Received an A+ rating from COR
- Project sped implementation of outcomes monitoring
- The PAT was acknowledged for attention to detail and outstanding work
- Both chaplain training and primary care training programs created by VersaTech won awards ((what awards, can we name them??)) for coupling education components with support resources
- VersaTech’s project manager was asked to serve on the Process Action Team (PAT), which was key in rewriting SOPs that contributed to the success of the project
- This project was a catalyst to the client gaining permanent funding for the JIF programs